Friday, June 18, 2010

Ode to Deuce

Bitchy asked me to write up a story about his yellow lab Dixie for a contest that was being done on the Jack Daniels website. I can't just sit down and write a creative story without getting the creative juices flowing. I sat down and started thinking about all his dogs and his youngest, Deuce, popped into my mind. She is adorable and has a really silly personality. While trying to come up with a story for the contest I wrote this little ode...


Ode to Deuce

Oh silly dog with fur so black,

When it comes to mischief you have a knack.

You tear up my stuff, you roll in the mud

I think that is your Labradorian blood.


Oh wicked dog with big dark eyes,

You've ruined the yard I once did prize.

A chewed up bowl, a hose or toy,

A million things you have found to destroy.


Oh mischief maker with the happy dance,

I let you come over, I took a chance.

You try to be good, you try to obey,

You think you are smooth as you slither way.


Oh silly pest with the muddy paws,

Yes, you who digs, you who gnaws.

For your bad behavior there is no excuse.

You aren't always a good dog--but you always amuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment