Wednesday, June 16, 2010

OK, I Give Up

As some of you know, I've been trying to lose a little weight for the past couple of years. Okay, so it hasn't been a high priority, but it has been on my "To Do" list for quite some time. I hate working out in a gym (or at home for that matter), so I'm always looking for an alternative way to acheive my goals. You know, the latest lose weight quick miracle. Well, my latest strategy was to watch and reduce my calorie intake. I thought since food is what makes you gain weight then surely I was going to lose weight if I reduced what I was putting in my body. I was hoping I could do this and never step foot in a gym. That's my kinda workout plan!!

I started keeping an online food journal where I tracked my daily calorie intake for several months and I ended up losing a whopping zero pounds. That's right people, I lost nothing! So much for trying to lose weight without having to break a sweat.

So, today I'm finally giving up the fight to lose weight the easy way...because clearly it isn't going to work for me. As reluctant as I am, I'm going to start doing what all the expert (and my Brother) keep tell me to do...ugghh. I hate when they win.

Yep, you guess it...I'm gonna have to start getting sweaty.

This week I started getting up 30 minutes earlier then normal and hitting the treadmil for a 30 minute quick-pace walk. I just hope your brain doesn't have to also be active in order for a workout to be productive because if it does, then I'm wasting my time. My time spent on the treadmill is more like sleep walking at a dangerous pace.

Before you start sending me emails about this not being enough to acheive my goals, let me finish...

Next week I'm going to continue with the morning romp on the treadmil, but I'm also going to go to the gym during my lunch our and get in another 30 minutes of cardio and maybe light weights, at least until my shoulders get better...if they ever get better.

So this is just the start for now until I get into the grove of working out again and then I will see about changing things up.

I will keep you updated on my progress. Wish me luck!

1 comment: